This twist on the classic is sure to make you love grilling chicken breasts again. The addition of Cedar skewed grilled broccolini makes for a simple but delicious side.
If you’re using a charcoal grill, a single layer of charcoal briquettes spread out across the entire grate will keep the grill hot while minimizing flare ups.
- Soak the grilling plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes and preheat the grill or oven to 400°F.
- Gently lift the skin on each of the chicken breasts and use a paring knife to create a pocket between the skin and meat. Insert one sprig of rosemary into the pocket between the skin and meat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cut the lemon into thin slices and space them evenly across the grilling plank. Place the chicken breasts on top of the lemon slices.
- Set the plank in the grill or oven and cook with the lid closed until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F, about 35-40 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, toss the broccolini with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the broccolini onto the Cedar skewer and place on the grill when the chicken is almost done.
- Grill the broccolini for two minutes, then turn and grill for another two minutes.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.