This one is spicy, smoky, and sweet.
If you can make the glaze in advance, do it. The glaze will brush on the chicken better when it is cold. Maple sugar can be purchased in specialty stores or online. It is incredible and worth stocking in the pantry.
- Soak the Maple plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes and preheat a grill or oven to 400˚F.
- Make the sauce. Add the adobo, water, and sugar to a pan, bring to a simmer and reduce for 10 minutes or until syrupy. Remove from heat, add the lime juice and zest. Set aside to cool.
- Brush the chicken breasts liberally with the glaze and set on the grilling plank.
- Place the plank on the grill or in the oven and cook for 15- 20 minutes, or until cooked through. Brush chicken with the glaze 4 more times while it cooks.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.