Make as many jalapeno poppers as you can. They go fast.
Total Time: 45 minutes
- Maple Grilling Planks
- 5 Jalapeños per plank
- 8 oz. Cheese of your choice (I used Colby Jack and smoked Muenster)
- 1 lb. Thin Cut Bacon
- 1-2 tsp. Barbecue Rub
Finish this recipe off over direct heat for extra flavor and well-cooked bacon.
- Soak maple plank in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Set up grill for both indirect and direct cooking.
- Make ‘jalapeno boats’ as show in the accompanying video.
- Place one piece of cheese (I used Colby Jack and Muenster but use what you like) inside the boat and wrap jalapeno with half a piece of bacon.
- Remove plank from water and place finished poppers on planks and dust with barbecue rub.
- Place planked poppers on indirect side of grill for about 25 minutes.
- Move plank over direct heat and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes or until bacon is done.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.