This is a great summery snack that is quick to come together and can be prepared in advance. Grilling and smoking the feta takes a few extra minutes, but is so worth it in the end!
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb. Maple Smoking Chips
- 8 oz Feta cheese, block
- 1 15 oz can Cannellini Beans
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup Fresh Oregano
- ½ Lemon, juiced
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper
- Pita Bread and Vegetables for dipping – cucumber, carrot, radish, etc.
We love this as a dip, but it’s equally good slathered on toast or dolloped over a grain bowl!
- Light the grill or open fire and toss in the Maple Smoking Chips.
- Drain and rinse the beans.
- Add the beans to a food processor with the garlic, oil, oregano, and lemon juice
- Puree until smooth and season to taste with salt and pepper, set aside. This can be made several days in advance.
- Cut the block of feta in half and rub with a little olive oil and black pepper.
- Place the feta on the grill grates and cook for 1 minute per side to create grill marks and soften slightly.
- Serve the cheese warm with the bean dip, pita bread, and vegetables.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.