These Blueberry Tarts cooked on a Cedar Plank, are a fun and easy way to produce a simple dessert to finish any grilling party.
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 Cedar Grilling Planks
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 4 frozen Mini Pie Crusts
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
For a more refined presentation, place the cream mixture in a piping bag with a star tip to garnish.
- Soak the Cedar Planks in hot water for at least 15 minutes (keep spray bottle handy)
- Preheat oven or grill to 400°F
- In bowl add 1/2 the sugar, vanilla and cream cheese, stir to combine
- Stir in whipping cream. Refrigerate until pies are cooked
- Heat blueberries and remaining sugar in a pan for 5 minutes
- Place blueberries in pie shells and place on plank
- Cook for 10-15 minutes until the pastry edges start to brown
- Let cool for several minutes before adding the cream
- Serve and enjoy.