Pimento cheese teamed up with jalapeños make for the easiest poppers you’ll ever make! The Red Oak plank adds a smokey touch and will keep the melty cheese from touching your grill grates.
Total Time: 45 minutes
- Red Oak Grilling Planks
- 12 Fresh Jalapeños
- 6 oz prepared Pimento Cheese
Prep these poppers in advance so they are ready to cook when you are!
- Preheat the grill to 425°F and soak the planks in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Slice the jalapeños in half lengthwise and remove the seeds, leaving the stem intact if possible.
- Add the pimiento cheese to a piping bag with a star tip for a polished look. You can also use a spoon to fill the jalapeños.
- Pipe a little cheese into each jalapeños half and place them on the plank.
- Set the planks on the grill and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the jalapeños have softened and the cheese has taken on a smoky color.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.