Sometimes, firing up the grill just isn’t in the cards. Cedar planked salmon works beautifully in your oven too!
Total Time: 20 minutes
- Large Cedar Grilling Plank
- 1 (1½ -2 lb) Salmon fillet, skin on
- 1 Lemon, sliced
- Fresh Herbs – Parsley or Dill
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- Salt & Black Pepper
Making two fillets of salmon takes the same time and effort as making one. Why not double up and enjoy the leftovers for lunch the next day?!
- Soak Cedar Plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place salmon on plank, skin side down; sprinkle garlic, salt, and pepper. Arrange the herbs and lemon slices over the salmon.
- Cook in the oven for 12-15 minutes. For easier clean up, either place the plank directly on a cookie sheet, or on the rack below.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.