Cheese-stuffed burgers are one of my favorite summertime meals already. So it was only natural to think of ways to take it to the next level. For this recipe, I decided to stuff the burgers with a homemade pimento cheese, which is really flavorful (and makes for an awesome dip with crackers while you’re waiting for the burgers to cook). The Red Oak plank infuses a delicious nutty smoke flavor that pairs well with beef.
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 Red Oak Grilling Planks
- Pimento Cheese
- 2 cups Sharp White Cheddar Cheese, finely shredded
- 2 cups Medium Cheddar Cheese, finely shredded
- 1 Roasted Red Bell Pepper, finely diced (yes, from the jar is fine)
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ tsp. Dijon Mustard
- ¾ tsp. Smoked Paprika
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- Cayenne Pepper to taste
- 2 lbs. Ground Beef
- 4 Burger Buns
- Ketchup & Mustard
For even more flavorful burgers,
combine ground beef with
seasoning salt, pepper, bread crumbs
and fresh herbs (we like thyme and rosemary).
- Soak Red Oak planks in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Combine pimento cheese ingredients. Set aside.
- Divide ground beef into 8 equal sections and turn into patties.
- Flatten patty and scoop 1-2 spoonfuls of Pimento cheese onto 4 of the 8 patties. Then take remaining burger patties and place over cheese. Close sides by gently pushing top patty down.
- Place burgers on planks and add to preheated grill.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until meat is cooked and cheese is melted.
- When done, remove from grill and serve with your favorite burger toppings.