- Directs and coordinates the activities of employees engaged in the production of goods.
- Confers with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances.
- Accurately reads job orders and specifications, company policies and procedures, and relays the information to the crew.
- Enforces safety, sanitation, and food safety regulations.
- Observes and monitors machine indicators to ensure that operators conform to production standards, and that goals are met.
- Inspects finished goods to make sure orders are fulfilled accurately and conform to quality standards.
- Trains crew members how to safely and efficiently operate machinery.
- Performs accident investigations.
- Tracks staff attendance and is a resource to crew-level team members.
- This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures, and recommends improvements in production methods, working conditions, and equipment.
- Has a positive attitude that motivates the team and helps us keep our fantastic working environment.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 2+ years previous leadership or supervisory experience is required.
- Very adept working with PC-based computers, and is comfortable with learning new programs.
- Ability to delegate tasks and resolve conflicts, a willingness to adapt, and the desire to make a difference.
- Superior team leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Confident, rational problem-solver with drive and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to maintain the professional competence, knowledge and skills necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Demonstrate thoroughness and attention to detail with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and climb stairs.
- Work experience in a lumber mill, manufacturing plant, or food-processing environment is preferred.
- Experience in assembly of wood components and knowledge of the lumber industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of Food Safety.
- Experience working in a GMP environment.
- Forklift operation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to some sawdust, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Some of the time spent during day will require the position to stand, walk, and carry items.
Location: Sandpoint, Idaho
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full time position. Hours of operation are Monday-Friday 6:30AM-3:00PM. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Compensation is DOE with health insurance, paid time off and paid holidays after 90 days.
Wildwood Grilling is an EEO and a Drug-Free workplace.
To Apply: Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Use “Production Shift Supervisor – Your Name” in the subject line. No phone calls or walk-ins please.