This recipe screams fall, with both flavor and color.
Total Time: 30 minutes
For the Squash
- Red Oak Grilling Planks
- 4 small Autumn Squash, I used a variety
- 2 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt and Pepper
For the Dressing
- ¼ Cup Ginger Beer
- ¾ Cup EVOO
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4 Tbsp Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Sage Leaves, sliced thin
- 1 Orange, peeled and segmented
- Parmesan Cheese, for shaving
Cut the squash into the same size pieces but use different shapes to add more contrast.
- Preheat a grill or oven to 400°F, soak the planks in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Peel and deseed the squash, cut into 2” pieces.
- Toss squash with the butter and oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Place the squash on soaked planks and put on the grill or in the oven. Cook for 25 minutes or until tender.
- While the squash is cooking, make the dressing. Measure the ginger beer, mustard, and lemon into a blender. With the machine running, add the oil in a steady stream until completely emulsified.
- Remove the squash from the grill and wait for 10 minutes or so before tossing in the dressing.
- Arrange the squash on a platter and garnish with pomegranate, sage, orange segments, and shaved parmesan.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.