This cheesy dip gets a touch of smoky flavor, then gets topped off with a fresh black bean salsa. Just add tortilla chips and you have the perfect game day snack.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Beer Cheese Dip:
- 1 lb. Cherry Smoking Blocks
- 1 12 oz. Beer
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 12 oz. Cream Cheese
- ½ cup Bell Peppers, diced
- 1 Tbsp. Sour Cream, for garnish
Black Bean Salsa:
- ½ cup cooked Black Beans, drained
- ½ cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup Corn Kernels
- 4 Tbsp. Cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp. Green Onion, finely chopped
Use whatever type of beer you like to make this recipe your own
- Combine all of the ingredients for the black bean salsa in a bowl, and set aside.
- Preheat a charcoal grill and allow the coals to develop. Add the smoking blocks.
- Place a cast iron skillet on the stove and bring the beer to a boil. Let it reduce by half.
- Whisk in the cream cheese and continue whisking until smooth.
- Add the cheddar cheese and bell peppers, stir to combine.
- Place the skillet on the grill and close the lid. Make sure the blocks are emitting plenty of smoke, add more if needed.
- Smoke the cheese dip for 10 minutes, and remove when bubbling.
- Top with the black bean salsa and sour cream. Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.