It’s well known that you can use Cedar grilling planks for salmon, vegetables, pork and so much more. But did you know that you can also use planks to create delicious, smoky cocktails? It’s easier than you might think! Recipe and video are below!
Using a butane torch, simply burn a small area of the plank (about 1-inch in diameter). Make sure to place the plank on a fire-proof surface (we used a metal cookie sheet).
Total Time: 5 minutes
What You Will Need:
- Cedar Grilling Plank
- Butane Torch
- Chilled Glass
- Ice Cubes
- Citrus-Flavored Soda
You can play around
with wood flavors
and drink combinations.
Each type of wood has its
own unique smoke flavor.
- Place the glass in the freezer for 20-30 minutes or until chilled.
- Place Cedar plank on a fire-proof surface (we used a metal cookie sheet).
- Turn on butane torch and burn small area of plank until it catches fire (approximately 1-inch diameter). Make sure to have a spray bottle of water handy, in case the flame gets out of control.
- Place chilled glass over burned area and catch smoke in glass. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine ice cubes, cherries, sugar and brandy. Shake.
- Add mixture to chilled glass and add citrus-flavored soda.
Cedar Smoked Cocktail: Recipe Video
Check out this short video to show you how to make the perfect smoked cocktail.