- NW Blend Smoking Chips
- 2 lb. Plums
- 1 cup Brandy
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
For the Mousse
- 12 oz. Mascarpone
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1 Lemon, juice & zest
- ½ cup sliced Almonds
The longer you soak the plums (up to 12 hours) the boozier this dish will be.
- Halve the plums and remove the pits.
- Toss plums with the brandy and brown sugar. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 12.
- Preheat a smoker to 225˚F and load with smoking chips.
- Making sure the plums are well coated in sugar, place them on the rack cut side down. Smoke for an hour. The plums will be soft but still intact.
- Set aside and allow to cool completely. Once cool, add the plums to a food processor and pulse lightly. The plums are ready.
- While the plums are smoking, make the mousse. Beat the mascarpone with the powdered sugar and a few tablespoons of the cream. Add in the lemon and zest.
- In a separate bowl, whip the rest of the heavy cream to stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone and set aside.
- Toast the almonds lightly in a pan.
- Serve the plums with the mousse and top with toasted almonds.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.