Lamb is best served rare to medium rare so this recipe does not require a long slow smoke. With a pellet grill you can just set a timer and have this rack ready to eat in less than an hour.
Total Time: 1 hour
- Wildwood Grilling Smoking Pellets
- 1 Rack of Lamb
- ¼ cup Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp. fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
An American rack of lamb has 8 bones and weighs about 2 lbs.
- Fill the hopper and preheat a pellet smoker to 375°F.
- Lay the lamb on a cutting board and apply mustard all over the meaty part of the rack.
- Combine the rosemary, salt, pepper and garlic. Evenly distribute the spice mixture over the mustard covered area and use any excess on the underside.
- Place the lamb on the pellet grill and set a timer for 45 minutes or your desired internal temperature.
- Use these guidelines for degrees of doneness. Medium rare: 120°F Medium: 125°F Medium well: 130°F Dry: 135°
- Allow the lamb to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.