Taco Tuesday is an important tradition in many households, but the same old, same old taco recipe can get pretty boring. That’s why we decided to make these coffee rubbed steak tacos on a Red Oak plank. The coffee rub infuses the meat with a delicious sweet flavor, while the plank adds smoky flavor. The perfect combination!
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
- 1 Wildwood Grilling Red Oak Plank
- 1 1/2 to 2 lb. Flank Steak
- Corn Tortillas
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup Evans Brothers Organic Chair 6 Breakfast Blend Coffee, ground
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 1 Shallot, sliced
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Lime, cut into wedges
- Cotija or Mexican Cheese, crumbled
Instead of flank steak,
you can also use skirt,
top round, or sirloin.
- Mix all the dry rub ingredients together in a flat bowl. Rub the meat with dry rub and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Soak the Red Oak plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven or grill to 400°F.
- Place the steak on the plank and place on the grill. Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until it reaches desired doneness. We like medium rare.
- Keep the grill lid closed and keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.
- Mix the tomatoes, cilantro, and onion together.
- When done, remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve on corn tortillas with your favorite toppings.