Stuffed mushrooms are what appetizer dreams are made of. The maple plank adds a certain je ne sais quoi to the whole thing and presents beautifully on the table.
Total Time: 45-60 min
Servings: 7-10 as an appetizer
- 2 Maple Grilling Planks
- 20 large white mushrooms, caps and stems separated
- 5 Tbsp good olive oil, divided
- ¾ lb Hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- ¾ cup Green onions, minced (about 6)
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ⅔ cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- ½ cup Cream Cheese
- ⅓ cup Parmesan, grated
- 2 Tbsp fresh Parsley, chopped
Prep these ahead of time and just pop them in the oven or on your grill when you’re ready to eat!
- Soak grilling planks in warm water for at least 15 minutes and preheat oven to 350˚ F.
- Pop the mushrooms stems out of the caps and dice the stems, set aside. Toss the mushroom caps with a few tablespoons of olive oil and set aside.
- Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and brown the sausage, 8-10 minutes. Add the chopped mushroom stems and cook a few minutes longer followed by the chopped green onion, garlic, s & p for a few more minutes until everything is fragrant.
- Stir the panko and cream cheese into the sausage mix, stir until the cream cheese melts down and things look creamy.
- Remove from heat, mix in parmesan and parsley.
- Generously fill each mushroom cap with the sausage mixture and arrange on your soaked planks.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until done.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.