Sweet chili sauce, soy sauce and Shaoxing wine give this halibut a flavorful sauce with a bit of sweetness!
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 Hickory Planks
- 2 – 6 oz. pieces of Halibut
- 4 Tbsp. Shaoxing Wine
- 1 dash Soy Sauce
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely crushed
- 4 Tbsp. Sweet Chili Sauce
- Rice, to serve
If Halibut isn’t available, you can substitute Flounder, Fluke or Striped Bass.
- Preheat a smoker to 225°F.
- Soak the hickory planks in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Combine the rice wine, soy sauce and minced garlic.
- Place a piece of halibut on each plank and baste with the sauce mixture.
- Smoke for 20 minutes. Baste with the sauce mixture every five minutes.
- Combine the sweet chili sauce with the remaining basting mixture, then baste the fish one final time and cook for an additional 5 minutes to set the sweet chili glaze.
- Serve with rice.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.