These chicken skewers cook in just a few minutes, making them a great appetizer when you’re serving a crowd. Serve alone as an appetizer, or as a meal with rice and grilled vegetables.
Total Time: 60 minutes
- 2 lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts cut into long strips
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 4 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 2 inch piece Ginger, peeled
- 1 Serrano Chili
- 2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp. Coriander
- 2 tsp. Cumin Powder
- 2 tsp. Paprika
- ½ cup Peanut Butter
- 3 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha
- ½ inch piece Ginger, peeled
- 3 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar
- 3 cloves Garlic
- ¼ cup Water
Are you a fan of spicy food? Add an additional serrano pepper to the marinade and peanut sauce for an extra kick!
- Preheat the grill to 400°F.
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients and puree in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pour over the chicken and marinate refrigerated for 30 minutes to an hour.
- While chicken marinates, prepare the peanut dipping sauce. Puree all the sauce ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Soak Cedar skewers in hot water for several minutes.
- Thread the chicken onto the skewers.
- Place the skewers on the grill and cook for 3 minutes per side or until you reach an internal
temperature of 160°F.
- Serve skewers with peanut sauce and enjoy!
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.