This simple recipe has only three ingredients, but lots of flavor! The classic combination of pork and apples gets reinvented on the grill.
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 Alder Grilling Wraps
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, thinly sliced
- 2 Pork Steaks
- 1 Tbsp. Pork Rub of choice
Don’t have a pork rub in your spice collection? Make your own! Combine equal parts chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, paprika and salt. Add brown sugar to taste if you like it on the sweeter side.
- Pre-heat a smoker to 250°F.
- Soak the Alder wraps in hot water for several minutes.
- Halve the apple. Remove the core and cut in thin slices.
- Spread half of the apple slices on the two wraps, creating a layer for the pork steaks to sit on. Sprinkle with the pork rub, then layer the second half of apple slices on top.
- Wrap the Alder sheet around the pork and apple then tie closed.
- Cook for 45 minutes or until internal temperature is 145°F, or your preferred level of doneness.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.