When our family had a BBQ on the beach, we decided these would make the perfect addition to our simple, yet tasty meal. Easy to pack, easy to cook and easy to eat, these tacos are great for any beach party or a great grilled lunch with a view. The Maple smoking blocks are great fuel that packs a flavor punch, and the flat Cedar skewers help keep the shrimp from spinning around.
Easy peel shrimp can take a lot off your prep time and wallet. For hassle-free beach grilling, season and skewer the shrimp, and make the salsa in advance.
- Preheat the grill using just the smoking blocks or a combination of blocks and charcoal. When the flames have died down place the lid on top and wait for the coals to turn white.
- Soak the skewers in water for several minutes.
- Combine the shrimp with the Cajun seasoning and oil. Thread onto the skewers.
- Set the skewers on the grill and cook uncovered for 3 minutes per side, or until done.
- For the salsa, combine the black eyed peas with the corn, green onion, and bell pepper, season with juice from the limes.
- To serve, place the tortillas on the grill and top with cheese curds, briefly toast and then top with salsa and shrimp.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.