It’s hard to go wrong with classic grilled steak tacos. Use this recipe as a jump off point and tailor it to suit your tastes and what you have on hand – that is the beauty of tacos!
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 lb. Skirt Steak or Flank Steak
- 1 Orange, juiced
- 2 Limes, juiced
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 8 Garlic Cloves, minced
- Dash of fresh ground Black Pepper
- Splash of Soy Sauce
- Northwest Blend Smoking Chips
- Whisk together all ingredients for the marinade in a mixing bowl.
- Place the steak in a flat bottomed dish or a large ziplock bag and pour the marinade over top so the meat is fully coated. Allow the meat to marinate at least 4 hours, up to overnight.
- Preheat your grill for high direct heat, 450-500˚ F. If using a charcoal grill, toss a few handfuls of smoking chips directly onto the hot coals. If using a gas grill, fill your smoker box or aluminum foil pouch with some chips.
- Cook the steak over direct heat for about 4 minutes per side, getting a nice char on both sides. For medium rare, pull the steaks at an internal temp of 130˚ F and allow to rest.
- Slice the steak against the grain and serve with your favorite taco fixings.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.