Chicken wings are a grilling essential. Whether it’s for your backyard BBQ, or your go-to Super Bowl Party recipe. Preparing the wings on a plank will protect the meat from direct flame and ensure they stay nice and moist, while also being infused with smoky flavor.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 – 5 x 11″ Cedar Planks
- 2 lbs. Chicken Wings
- 1/2 Cup Buffalo Wings Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Butter, melted
- Cayenne Pepper to taste (if you like your wings hot)
Chicken meat also pairs
well with Cherry planks.
Cherry provides a sweeter
flavor than Cedar.
- Soak the Cedar Plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven or grill to 400°F.
- Mix buffalo sauce with melted butter and cayenne pepper.
- Toss chicken wings in sauce and place on plank.
- Place planks on the grill or in the oven. Cook for 20 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. (Internal temperature of 165°F)
- Have a spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups.
- Serve with celery, bleu cheese dressing and enjoy!