There are so many different ways to prepare oysters – steamed, roasted, raw and even planked. For this recipe, we decided to plank the oysters on Cedar and add a delicious herbed lemon butter for topping.
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 5 x 11” Cedar Plank
- 8 Oysters, shucked, on the half shell
- 4 Tbs. Butter, softened
- 1 Tbs. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbs. Fresh Chives, chopped
- 1 Tbs. Fresh Thyme Leaves
- Salt & Pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
Remove the oysters
from the grill as soon
as the edges start to curl.
are tough and rubbery.
- Soak Cedar Plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- In a small bowl mix butter, lemon juice, chives, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Place wet plank on grill, close lid and heat for 5 minutes. The plank will start to cup.
- Flip the plank over and place the shucked oysters on the plank. Top with the herbed lemon butter and sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.
- Put the plank back on the grill and cook with the lid closed for 3-5 minutes or until the edges of the oysters have begun to curl.
- Have a spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups.
- Remove from grill and enjoy!