For this recipe, we thought: Why not combine two of our favorite things – salmon and burgers? You can choose your own toppings, or go with the ones we listed below. But one thing is for sure: You’ve got to have capers!
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 5 x 11” Cedar Plank
- 1-pound Salmon, skin removed
- 2 tsp. Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- ½ cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Chives, chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 Burger Buns
- Burger Toppings
The key to these is
to buy a large piece
of salmon and dice
- Soak Cedar Plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 350°F.
- Cut the salmon into a medium dice.
- Gently combine salmon, mustard, panko, chives, salt and pepper.
- Form into four-4oz. patties and place on the plank.
- Place plank on grill and cook with the lid closed for 8-10 minutes. The salmon patties should be firm to the touch.
- Have a spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups.
- Remove from grill and load burger buns with salmon and your favorite toppings. Some of our favorite toppings are mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato, onion and capers (you’ve gotta have capers!).
- Serve hot and enjoy!