We’ve taken a classic campfire treat and made it even woodsier! Say no to aluminum foil and yes to cedar wraps! This is the perfect way to “wrap” up your outdoor dinner and use that last bit of heat from your campfire to get these nice and melty yummy.
Total Time: 20 min
- 1 Banana per person
- Cedar Grilling Wraps
- Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter Chips
- Mini Marshmallows
- Pecan pieces (or other crunchy item of choice)
- Any other toppings you desire
Get wild with your favorite add-ins! Granola, berries, nut butters, sprinkles, graham crackers, candied ginger, caramel sauce…
- Stir your campfire around to get some nice hot coals under the grilling grate without too many flames.
- Soak cedar wraps in water for a few minutes until pliable.
- Take a banana with its peel still on and cut it long-ways down the middle. Not all the way through, but until the tip of your knife just grazes the peel on the other side. Then pull the peel and banana slightly ajar.
- Mash your banana to the sides a little for extra room if you know you like a lot of fillings.
- Fill each banana with as many chocolate chips, marshmallows, nuts, etc as will fit inside.
- Gently roll a cedar wrap around each banana boat and secure with twine.
- Place wrapped banana boats stuffing side up over your campfire, let them heat through and cook for a few minutes.
The timing will depend on how hot your fire is. A good way to check if they are done is to give them a little squeeze with your tongs. If they are a little squishy, they are ready to eat!
- Unwrap, grab a spoon, and dig in!
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.