If you are lucky enough to find some beautiful head-on jumbo shrimp in the shell, grab them! They are perfect for wrapping in Cedar.
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 8 Cedar Grilling Wraps
- 16 Jumbo Shrimp
- 1 shot of Tequila
- 1 Jalapeño, sliced thin (you can use any chili depending on how much heat you prefer)
- 1 Lime, squeezed
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- ½ Tbsp. coarse Sea Salt
Cooking shrimp in their shells with the head on helps retain their natural flavor and is far more delicious. Also more hands on when eaten!
- One hour before cooking, rinse and pat the shrimp dry.
- In a mixing bowl add the tequila, jalapeño, lime juice, oil, and salt.
- Add shrimp to mixing bowl and gently toss until all shrimp are coated.
- Preheat a grill or oven to 400°F, soak the wraps in water for several minutes.
- Place 2 shrimp on each wrap, roll up and secure with twine.
- Place the wraps on the grill and close the lid or oven door, cook for 10 – 15 minutes or until done.
- Serve immediately with plenty of napkins.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.