Who doesn’t love a good shrimp cocktail?! This is our take on a gulf-style shrimp cocktail. The Cedar grilling wraps (also known as Cedar papers) add delicious smoke and fresh wood flavor to the shrimp. You can use gulf shrimp for a little more authenticity.
Make everything in advance and pack it up for a beach picnic.
- Light the grill using the smoking blocks or a combination of blocks and charcoal. When the flames die down, place the lid on the grill. The coals will be white when ready.
- Soak the wraps in water for several minutes.
- Combine the shrimp with the juice of 1 lemon, parsley, garlic, black pepper and oil.
- Place 3 shrimp on each wrap, roll up and secure with twine. Cut the remaining lemon in half.
- Set the wraps and lemon halves on the grill and replace the lid, cook for 10 minutes or until done.
- For the sauce, combine the mayonnaise with the Cajun seasoning and a small squeeze of lemon juice.
- Slice the baguette and lightly toast on the grill.
- To serve, unwrap the shrimp and serve with the sauce, grilled bread, grilled lemon and cucumber slices.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.