Versatility is important when cooking. Especially if you buy items in bulk, you don’t want to feed your family the same pork chop meal every night. Planks enable you to take the same protein and with a few simple ingredients, create a whole new meal.
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 5x11” Cherry Plank
- 4 Pork Chops
- 1 Sweet Onion, sliced
- ¼ cup Dried Sweet Cherries
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil, divided
- 2 Tbs. Maple Syrup
- Salt & Pepper
Sweet onions have a
lower sulfur content.
Walla Walla, Vidalia
and Maui sweet onions
are the most popular.
- Soak Cherry Plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Mix onion, cherries, thyme, 1 Tbs. olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Evenly spread the onion mixture on the plank.
- Place pork chops on top of the onion mixture, drizzle with other 1 Tbs. olive oil and maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place loaded plank on grill, close lid and cook for 20 minutes or until the pork chops are done.
- Have a spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups.