Smoked ribs should taste like pork (not just sauce) with your seasoning and smoke acting as supporting roles. Tender and juicy with just a little bit of bite that tugs gently off the bone. Let’s get going…
A favorite from our signature line of spice rubs – Rib Rub #6 brings you a sweet and savory blend of smoked paprika, garlic, and brown sugar with a pop of thyme and black pepper that is perfect for ribs. Named #6 because it took us 6 tries to get it perfect.
- Preheat an electric smoker to 200°F.
- Trim any excess fat from the ribs
- Rub the ribs all over with mustard and then generously coat with the Rib Rub.
- Place the ribs in the smoker and smoke for 3 hours, adding more chips every 45 minutes.
- After 3 hours, wrap the ribs in foil and continue to cook for a further 2 hours.
- Remove the foil, add some more seasoning and chips, cook for 1 more hour or until desired doneness is reached.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.