Caramel, salt and apple is a universal favorite flavor combination, so we tweaked each element a little to make it a true Wildwood Grilling creation.
Total Time: 2 hours
- 5 Cedar Wraps
- 1/4 cup Apple Smoking Chips
- 1/2 cup Kosher Salt
- 14 oz. can Condensed milk
- 3 cups Whipping cream
- 3 Apples, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 2 tbs. White Sugar
For an impressive presentation, dampen the rim of a glass and dredge in the smoked salt before filling with the mousse and garnishing with the Cedar scented apples.
1. Soak chips and wraps in water for up to 1 hour and preheat grill to 375°F.
2. Boil a pot of water, add the unopened can of condensed milk, boil for 2 hours and chill.
3. Place salt in a shallow pan and smoke with the apple chips for 1 hr, stir occassionaly.
4. Whip the cream to stiff peaks and gently fold in the caramelized condensed milk, place in a fridge to chill.
5. Toss the apples with the lemon juice and sugar, roll in the Cedar wraps and secure with twine. Cook on the grill with the lid closed for 15 minutes.
6. Serve the mousse with the smoked salt and top with the apples.