It’s a grilled cheese salad! If you’ve never grilled halloumi before, you are about to have the best experience of your life. Grilled halloumi is savory and satisfying and is the perfect topper for this fresh Mediterranean inspired salad.
Total Time: 15 minutes
- Cherry Smoking Chips
- 8 oz Halloumi Cheese
- 1 medium Zucchini
- ½ cup Kalamata Olives
- 2 Tbsp Capers
- ¼ cup Cherry Tomatos, halved
- 1 Cucumber, sliced
- 2 cups, mixed Salad Greens
- Kosher Salt
For the Dressing
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
Make this salad a full meal and toss in your favorite cooked grain. Be sure the double the recipe for the dressing.
- Preheat a charcoal grill.
- Slice the cheese into four thick slices, rub with a little oil.
- Slice the zucchini lengthwise, rub with a little oil, and season with salt.
- Throw a handful of smoking chips on the coals and place the zucchini and cheese on the grill.
- Grill the cheese until brown and crispy, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Remove the cheese and continue to cook the zucchini until cooked through, roughly 5-7 minutes per side.
- Make the dressing by adding the mustard and vinegar to a bowl, slowly add the oil while whisking to emulsify.
- Add all other ingredients to a mixing bowl and toss with the dressing.
- Divide the salad evenly between 2 dishes, topping each bowl with the halloumi and zucchini. Serve immediately.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.