Greek inspired seasonings and rich salmon are the perfect match for all the fresh veggies you can find. A very satisfying meal.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- Cedar Grilling Planks
- 1 lb. Salmon Fillet
- Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon, sliced
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Dill, chopped (or 1 Tbsp dried)
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- pinch Kosher Salt
For the Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 English Cucumber, diced or grated
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Dill or Mint, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- Grains – rice, quinoa, or barley
- Greens – arugula, spinach, or mixed greens
- Fresh veggies – radish, cucumber, tomato
This dish is perfect for substitutions! Use your favorite grain, pasta, or leafy greens as the base as you wish.
- Soak grilling plank in warm water for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 450˚F.
- Cook the rice or quinoa on the stove according to package directions.
- Make the tzatziki sauce and set aside. Whisk together all ingredients, taste, and adjust the salt and lemon to your preference. Note – this sauce gets better as the flavors mingle together over time.
- Place salmon fillet on grilling plank and brush with olive oil. Rub the garlic, herbs, salt, and chili flakes over the salmon. Arrange the lemon slices on top.
- Grill planked salmon on the grill for about 20 minutes with the lid closed, until desired level of doneness is reached.
- While the salmon is grilling, slice your veggies.
- Divide rice among 4 bowls, top with salmon portion, veggies, and a generous dollop of tzaziki sauce.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon and plenty of fresh mint and dill.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.