The tasty surprise of a gooey cheesy center to these meatballs makes for a fantastic and easy appetizer.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 Hickory planks
- 1 lb. lean Ground Beef
- 1 lb. lean Ground Pork
- ½ Tbsp. Kosher salt
- ½ Tbsp. ground Black Pepper
- 2 Garlic Coves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Italian Parsley, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. BBQ sauce, divided
- 6 oz. White Cheddar, cut into small cubes
- 6 oz. Sharp Cheddar, cut into small cubes
Slightly flatten the bottom of each meatball to prevent it from rolling off the plank during cooking.
- Preheat the grill to 425°F and soak the planks in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Combine the meats, salt, pepper, garlic, parsley and 2 tablespoons of the BBQ sauce, reserving the rest for later.
- Roll the mixture into 16 2 oz. meatballs. Press a cube of cheese into each ball and roll to seal it in.
- Set the meatballs on the planks and use a brush to apply some BBQ sauce to each one.
- Place the planks on the grill and close the lid.
- Cook for 15 minutes or to an internal temperature of 160° F.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.