As if a bacon wrapped pork tenderloin wasn’t delicious enough, the honey and dijon mustard glaze takes this recipe to the next level!
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 Maple Grilling Plank
- 1 Pork Tenderloin
- 3 slices Thick Cut bacon
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 3 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper, ground
To prepare your grill for two-zone cooking position all the charcoal on one side of the grill. The side of the grill with the coals will be your high-heat cooking environment, and the other side of the grill is your indirect heat zone.
- Soak grilling plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes and prepare a grill for two-zone medium heat (350° – 450°F).
- Remove silverskin and excessive fat from the tenderloin and then season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place the empty plank on the grill over direct heat. Grill until marked, about 2 minutes, and remove.
- Wrap the tenderloin in bacon starting at one end in a continuous twist, like a candy cane. Place the bacon wrapped tenderloin on the plank.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, honey, and vinegar.
- Place the loaded planks over direct heat and grill with the lid closed for 5 minutes.
- Move the plank to indirect heat and continue to grill another 10 minutes.
- Baste the meat with the honey mustard glaze and continue to glaze every 5 minutes until the internal temperature of the pork reads 145°F with an instant-read thermometer.
- Slice and serve with any remaining glaze.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.