These herbed ricotta stuffed squash blossoms are one of the most beautiful things we’ve ever put on a plank. It’s not all for show, either! They are such a delicious treat.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 8 as a side
- Maple Grilling Plank
- 8 Squash Blossoms
- 1/2 cup Ricotta
- 2-3 Tbsp Mixed Fresh Herbs, chopped
(we used basil, chives, and parsley)
- S & P
- Olive oil
Pick your squash blossoms in the morning while the blooms are open. You can store them in your fridge with a damp towel until you’re ready to stuff them.
- Pick the squash blossoms in the morning and store in the refrigerator covered with a damp paper towel.
- Mix the ricotta and herbs together. Season with salt and pepper. This can be made up to 1 day in advance and refrigerated.
- Soak the plank in hot water for 15-30 minutes.
- Fill the squash blossoms with the ricotta mixture. We put the ricotta mixture into a sandwich bag and cut off the tip. Then you can pipe the filling directly into the blossoms.
- Arrange stuffed blossoms on the plank and brush generously with olive oil.
- Grill with the lid down until starting to brown – 10-15 minutes.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.