Due to the slower cook time, these potatoes really have the opportunity to take on the garlic and maple wood flavors.
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 Maple Grilling Planks
- 1 lb. Multicolored Baby Potatoes
- 1 head of Garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt and Pepper
Place the potatoes cut side down on the plank to prevent them from rolling off during cooking.
- Preheat the grill or oven to 425° F and soak the planks in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes in half and place in a mixing bowl.
- Separate the head of garlic, peel and crush the cloves, but leave them whole.
- Add the garlic to the bowl with the potatoes and add the oil, salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Place the potato on the planks and set on the grill or in the oven.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until tender and browned.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.