Nothing says summer like fresh salmon and fruit. For this recipe, we decided to combine mango and strawberries to create a delicious salsa to pair with our Cedar planked salmon. The Cedar plank adds a delicious smoke flavor and keeps it from drying out. Enjoy!
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 Cedar Planks
- 3 lbs. Salmon Fillet (2 large pieces)
- 2 large Mangoes, diced
- 8-10 Strawberries, diced
- 1/2 small Red Onion, diced
- 1 small Jalapeño (add to taste), diced
- 3-5 Sprigs of fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
This recipe can also
be made on the grill,
just cook over direct
heat until done.
- Soak the Cedar planks in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Combine mango, strawberries, jalapeño, red onion, parsley, and lemon juice in a medium bowl. (It should be kept in the fridge until ready to use, and it tastes even better after it sits for a few hours.)
- Preheat the oven to 400F with a rack placed in the middle.
- Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper and place skin side down on the planks, position the planks on a baking tray and transfer to the oven. Bake for about 10 minutes (4 minutes per half-inch thickness of salmon, as determined by the thickest part of the fillet).
- Finish the fillets under the broil for about 3 minutes until golden-brown.
- Cut each fillet in half lengthwise and serve with fruit salsa.