Whether you are having an intimate dinner with your significant other, or if you want to impress your guests with a special meal, this Hickory smoked rack of lamb recipe is actually easier than it sounds. But we won’t tell anyone!
Total Time: 2 hours
- 3-4 handfuls Wildwood Hickory Chips
- 1 3-4 lb. Rack of Lamb
- 3 sprigs on Rosemary, roughly chopped
- 4 Tbsp Kosher or Coarse salt
- 4 Tbsp Fresh Ground Pepper
Flavor Profile: Hickory
Flavor Strength – Strong
Hickory is ideal when you want
a distinctive, savory smoke.
- Soak Hickory chips in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Put chips in smoker, light, and get heat up to 225° F.
- Rub rack of lamb with salt, pepper, and rosemary. Place in smoker and close lid.
- Smoke for 1 ½ – 2 hours. Aim for an internal temperature of 155° F for a medium rare rack.
- Remove from grill, cover with foil, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!