This pan of roasted vegetables is makes a great side dish for any meal, and is perfect for holiday gatherings. The secret ingredient of bacon fat takes these to the next level!
Total Time: 1 hour
- Handful of Alder Smoking Blocks
- 1 lbs. Multi-colored Baby Potatoes
- 1 lbs. Fresh Brussel Sprouts
- 1 lbs. White Pearl Onions
- 3 Tbsp. Bacon Fat or Olive Oil
- Sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- Kosher Salt and Pepper
I always save my bacon fat and save it for a recipe like this one.
- Preheat the charcoal grill to at least 375°F.
- Wash the potatoes, trim the outer leaves from the brussel sprouts, and peel the onions.
- Add all the vegetables to a mixing bowl with the oil or fat, rosemary sprigs, salt and pepper.
- Add the potato mixture to a large cast iron skillet.
- Add a few Alder smoking blocks to the coals, place the skillet on the grill grates and close the lid.
- The dish is ready when the vegetables are tender, about 45 minutes. Serve immediately.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.