Smoke adds a nice warming touch to this classic beverage that is perfect after spending some time in the snow.
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 handful Apple Smoking Chips
- 1 bottle of inexpensive Red Wine
- 1 cup Port or Brandy
- 3 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Allspice, whole
- ½ Orange
- 1 Tbsp. Cardamom, whole
- 1 Cinnamon Stick (and extra for garnish)
- Whipped Cream to garnish
There’s no need to buy an expensive bottle of wine for this recipe – use whatever you’ve got on hand.
- Add all ingredients except smoking chips to a sauce pan, stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Bring to a simmer and reduce the heat to low.
- Keep on low heat for 45 minutes.
- Fill mugs with the Glogg and use a smoking gun to blow smoke into each mug.
- Immediately cover the mugs with a coaster or small grilling plank.
- Allow the smoke to infuse for 2 minutes, then garnish with whipped cream and a cinnamon stick.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.