Shrimp are the perfect BBQ appetizer. For this lemon-pepper-garlic shrimp, we decided to grill it on an Alder plank for extra smoke flavor. Alder has a delicate smoke flavor that pairs especially well with white fish and vegetables, so we decided it was the right fit for our lemon-pepper shrimp.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 as an appetizer
- Alder Grilling Plank
- 1/2 lb. Shrimp (approximately 12-15)
- 2 Tbsp. Butter, melted
- 1 Lemon, sliced
- Fresh Thyme, chopped
- Salt & Ground Pepper
For extra lemon flavor,
squeeze some lemon juice
into the shrimp/butter mixture.
- Soak the Alder plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Mix shrimp, butter, thyme, peppercorn and season with salt and pepper.
- Place lemon slices on plank and add shrimp.
- Add to grill and close the grill lid, cooking for 10-12 minutes (or until desired doneness).
- When done, remove from grill and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.