Smoked cocktails are an impressive way to serve a drink. If you don’t have a smoking gun, not to worry – the cherry planked peaches add plenty of smoky flavor to this light and refreshing cocktail.
If you can’t find Lillet, Red Vermouth can be great substitute.
- Soak the plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes, preheat a grill to 400°F.
- Quarter the peaches, place in a bowl and toss with a little sugar.
- Set the peach quarters on the plank and place on the grill. Cook for 15- 20 minutes until soft and slightly caramelized. Remove and set aside to cool.
- To serve – place a slice of peach, half each of the basil, lemon, sugar, gin, lillet, ice, and club soda in a highball glass. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- If you want a little extra smoke flavor, ignite some cherry chips is a smoking gun and gently blow smoke into each glass. Top the glasses with a coaster or small grilling plank to trap the smoke.
- Allow to infuse for a couple of minutes before drinking.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.