This dish is very simple and affordable, and Chimichurri sauce adds great color and flavor. If flank steak is unavailable, skirt steak is a great substitute.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 – 5″x11″ Hickory Plank
- 24 oz. Flank Steak
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 cup Parsley, chopped
- 1 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Lime, juiced and zested
- 1 Tbsp. Red Chili
- ¾ cup Olive Oil
Flank steak has very distinct muscle fibers. Slicing the steak against the grain will make the meat more tender.
- Preheat the grill to 500°F and soak the plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Rub the flank steak with olive oil, and season both sides with salt and chili powder.
- Place the steak on the grill and sear for 2 minutes.
- Turn the steak over and place it on the plank. Place the plank on the grill and close the lid. Turn the heat down to low.
- Cook the steak to desired doneness, about 6 minutes for medium rare.
- Remove the steak from the grill, and allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
- To make the sauce, add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse for 30 seconds.
- Slice the steak against the grain, and serve it with the chimichurri sauce.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.