Asparagus and Cedar pair beautifully, this dish is tasty, easy and can be prepared for the grill ahead of time.
Wrap the Asparagus in the ham first, then lay out the wraps and start rolling.
- Place the vinegar in a pan with the sugar and simmer until it is reduced by half and becomes syrupy. Refrigerate to cool.
- Preheat the grill or oven to 450°F and soak the wraps in warm water for several minutes.
- Toss the asparagus in the olive oil and separate into 4 bundles of 5. Wrap a slice of prosciutto around each bundle.
- Place each bundle on a Cedar wrap, roll up and secure with twine.
- Set the wraps in the grill or oven and cook for 6-8 minutes.
- To serve, untie the string and remove the outer strips of cedar. Drizzle with the balsamic sauce and sprinkle with lemon zest and smoked salt.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.
Matt worked his first kitchen job in the country of Malta at the age of 15. He has worked as a restaurant Chef in Arizona, Maine, Spain, the UK, Oregon and finally North Idaho. Now the Executive Chef at Wildwood Grilling, he thoroughly enjoys his day job.