Wraps infuse a smoky flavor and keeps trout deliciously moist and tender. Great for the grill or oven, this is an impressive way to serve your guests.
Wrapped Rainbow Trout Ingredients:
- 2 Cedar Wraps
- 2 (5-6 oz.) Clear Springs Rainbow Trout Fillets
- Fresh Thyme Sprigs
- Lemon Slices and Juice
- Salt and Pepper
Pineapple, Apple and Zucchini Cabbage Salad Ingredients:
- 1 medium Carrot
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- 1 cup Fresh Pineapple, peeled and cored
- 2 Green Onions
- ½ cup Basil Leaves
- 2 cups Green Cabbage, shredded
- 1 tsp. Coarse Ground Mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Sugar
Rainbow Trout Directions:
- Soak the Cedar wraps in warm water for several minutes, and preheat oven or grill to 400°F.
- Pat rainbow trout fillets dry, and cut in half on the diagonal
- Layer a slice of lemon in the middle of a Cedar wrap.
- Top with two springs of fresh thyme.
- Season trout filets with salt and pepper and place on top of lemon and thyme, layering one slightly on top of the other.
- Close the wrap loosely around the trout and using string provided, tie to secure.
- Add another sprig of thyme on top, and grill or bake for 8-10 minutes.
Pineapple, Apple and Zucchini Cabbage Salad Directions:
- Peel carrot and chop into matchsticks, or use vegetable peeler to shave into ribbons
- Cut zucchini into matchsticks or shave into ribbons.
- Slice Granny Smith apple into matchsticks or thin slices.
- Cut pineapple into ½-inch pieces.
- Thinly slice green onions and basil leaves.
- Place carrot, zucchini, apple, pineapple, green onion and basil into a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl place mustard, apple cider vinegar, mayonnaise and sugar. Whisk together until completely smooth.
- Add dressing to vegetables and mix to combine. Serve with Cedar wrapped rainbow trout.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.
Angela writes for Fresh Fish Kitchen, the recipe blog powered by Clear Springs Foods. This community was created by seafood lovers for seafood lovers. Their mission is to make cooking seafood at home easy, fun and healthy by exploring the many ways to cook sustainable, responsible rainbow trout.
For even more rainbow trout recipe ideas, stop by the Fresh Fish Kitchen. Find everything from Weight-Watchers approved recipes to more indulgent meals. Join the Fresh Fish Kitchen community to stay updated on the latest seafood news and recipes by following them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.