This method is great way to get a good sear on the scallops while still including a nice fresh Cedar flavor.
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 5 Cedar Grilling Wraps
- 20 Large Scallops, fresh
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Black Pepper
- ½ cup Cherry Preserves
- ¼ cup Fresh Tarragon
- ½ cup Olive Oil
Wrapping the scallops ahead of time can help infuse more cedar flavor. If no grill is available these scallops can be seared in a pan and quickly finished in the oven.
- Preheat the grill to 500°F and soak the wraps in warm water for several minutes
- Remove and discard the side muscles from the scallops and pat dry.
- Cut each wrap into 1” wide strips, wrap a strip around each scallop and secure with twine.
- Place the scallops on the grill and sear for 2 minutes. Turn over and close the lid for 1 more minute. Be careful not to overcook.
- Warm the preserves in a pan until melted.
- Place the tarragon and oil in blender and blend for 30 seconds.
- Serve the scallops in the wraps with the preserves and oil.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.