This Cedar-wrapped bananas foster is a decadent dessert that comes together quickly. We highly recommend adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Total Time: 20 minutes
Cedar-wrapped banana ingredients:
- 4 Cedar Grilling Wraps
- 4 Bananas
- 2 Tbsp. Butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
Rum sauce ingredients:
- 1/4 cup Rum
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 ½ cups Flour
- 3/4 Tbsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1/3 cup Shortening
- ½ cup Milk
Substitute peaches if you’re not a big fan of bananas. Individually wrapped portions make it easy to customize this recipe!
Directions for the bananas:
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and soak the wraps in warm water for several minutes.
- Peel and halve the bananas, brush with melted butter and sprinkle on the sugar.
- Place 2 banana halves on each wrap, roll up and secure with twine.
- Set in the oven and cook for 10 minutes until softened but still retaining shape.
Directions for the rum sauce:
- Place the rum in a pan and bring to a simmer (when bubbling the rum will flare up) add the brown sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Add the cream and continue to cook on medium heat until thickened.
Directions for the biscuits:
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Sieve the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl. Cut in the shortening using a fork or pastry knife until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add the milk and stir until the mixture pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and work in more flour until no longer sticky.
- Place the dough into a skillet and brush with milk.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Open up the wraps and place a slice of biscuit on the side, drizzle with the sauce.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.