Grilling wraps are a new trend in the food industry. They are thin pieces of wood, used to infuse food with wood flavor on the grill or in the oven. Similar to an “en papillote” method, the food is steamed in the wrap and infused with the natural flavor of the wood smoke.
Grilling Wraps: Step-by-Step Guide
- Soak the wraps for 5 minutes. Make sure the wraps are submerged.
- Place seasoned food on wrap, parallel to the grain of the wood.
- Fold edges of the wrap toward each other and secure with natural twine.
- Place wraps on preheated grill or in oven. Close the lid or oven door and do not leave unattended.
- Cook food as desired. Times will vary.
- Serve and enjoy! Present food inside the grilling wrap and let each guests open their own wrap, as steam comes out. Discard wraps after use.
What food is recommended for grilling wraps?
Wraps are especially great for vegetables and seafood. But the best part about wraps is being creative! Wrapped chicken, dessert, shrimp – you name it! Depending on what you are cooking, our Cedar wraps and Alder wraps pair with different foods.