Coconut shrimp, although very delicious, are usually deep fried. Here is our healthier version with some Jamaican Jerk and cedar to bump things up.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- Cedar Grilling Planks
- 8 large Red Shrimp, shell on and deveined if available
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened shredded Coconut
- 2 Tbsp Jamaican Jerk seasoning
- 2 Green Onions, sliced
Shell on shrimp are a bit messier to eat, but if you don’t mind the extra work, they are significantly tastier.
- Preheat a grill or oven to 425°F. Soak the plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Toss the shrimp in the jerk seasoning and arrange them on the planks.
- Sprinkle coconut all over the shrimp.
- Set your loaded planks on the grill or in the oven and cook for 8-12 minutes depending on how large your shrimp are.
- When the shrimp are cooked, top with sliced green onion and serve immediately.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.