Our Sales Director Yarrow came up with this delicious appetizer. Buying prepared crescent roll dough makes these super quick to assemble, no one will ever know you didn’t spend all day on them!
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 Cherry Grilling Planks
- 1 package Crescent Roll Dough
- 8 oz. Brie
- 1 cup Blackberries
- ¼ cup Basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium-size fennel bulb, thinly sliced (optional)
- ¼ cup torn basil leaves
If blackberries aren’t available, blueberries would also work well in this recipe!
- Preheat the grill to 400° F.
- Using a cast iron pan on the grill, melt the butter and saute the onion and fennel until golden brown. Set aside.
- Shape each crescent roll dough triangle into a rough circle shape. Arrange 3 dough rounds on each plank.
- Top the dough with brie, blackberries, and the onion and fennel mixture.
- Place planks on the grill over indirect heat. Bake for 15-20 minutes, rotating them if any areas are getting too much color.
- Top with basil leaves, and enjoy.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.